bathing ur baby

Do you live in a hot and humid area where you sweat a lot and specially when you have an active 1 year old it. Well here are some tips to bath your baby so that his skin stay tender and smooth.
Give bath to your baby atleast once a day. I usually, bath to my baby twice a day. If I dont, he starts to smell of milk, whatever food/fruit he was given that day and of his sweat. However, I dont apply much of soap or bath gel. In the morning to freshen him up I let him soak in the water for a little while or just shower him. By one year most babies stand so I let him hold on to the side of the bathtub and you should make sure that the floor are not slippery. I let him stand on a rubber bathmat while showering him.
While bathing just apply a small amount of soap or bath gel around is buttock. I just wash his underarms, under the neck, and around the thigh area with water. Then rinse his body with a clean water. After that I massage his body with a good baby oil and let him play around for a while before giving him breakfast. Usually, babies are hungry as soon as they wake up so I don’t take much time with bathing.
During the day progress and specially if you are living in a hot area like me babies sweats. So as the day cools down I let him soak little bit in a warm water so that his tender body can relax after all those hours of crawling and playing around. By evening, babies gets tired and ready their body for sleep so a good massage to ease their tired body is good and makes them sleep better. I have exprienced that my baby sleeps soundly if I give him a good rubbing on him back and his legs.
Too much of bathing, of course, will make their skin dry so most evening, I put 2-3 drops of baby oil or olive oil and soak him.
It is good to clean their buttocks with little soap to prevent rashes. Since my baby's skin is tender and gets rashes if his buttocks are not kept clean I have to wash it with soap. I have learned that it is one way to prevent rashes.

Comments

Popular Posts