Lord of the Rings

The Siege of Mirkwood - The free online MMORPG game won many awards and people at Turbine Inc. who brought the games like dungeons and dragons work hard to keep the experience of millions of gamers around the world as smooth as possible. The graphics are sleek and the game playing experience is an experience itself. When I am bored and in front of the computer its hard not to log in to the game and play. Anyone can play this game and best of all its free but of course not all the quests are free. However, with the free game playing you can get to a decent level of thirty and still get your ass kicked. While we are on free games Dungeons and Dragons is also free game to play.

The hunter- that is me. I could pull a mean DPS (damage per second) and an important class when in fellowship. Can solo most of the time but once you are hit you die before you can say mama. Probably because I wear medium armor. Usually I hang around with Guardian or Warden. They aggro while I fire my arrows like crazy. Every class has impressive skills and higher the levels more impressive they become and some of the classes like Warden and Runekeeper have the best skills as they level up. Well you have to pay for that class so I guess money worth’s class eh? But if you are against a mean guy better have a healer and a warden/guardian beside you. And you will always find people looking for fellowship with guard or ward or healer. Well hunter…you can join the fellowship if you respond very fast. Meaning there are lot of hunters since it’s the easiest char to build up and level up.

A day as hunter

“Yo, Dee, you near by?” My friend the warden pings me on pvt. messg.

“Yes, please use the Kinship chat. The pvt. message is difficult to toggle and I hate the pings.”

“Yea yea. Listen I have a badass elite to kill. I need DPS.”

“Ok. but I need you at Evendim. Deal?”

My Lord of the Rings gaming friend Legup the warden and me was busy beating the trolls in the Evendim when we see LFF (looking for fellowship) on the network by another hunter we knew back since we were very small level.

“Enth, you got to be kidding. What you doing on LFF”

“Dee!!! I need backup to kill 180 wood trolls in the north of Evendim”

“180?? Have you lost your mind??? And who gave you that stupid quest?”

“jajaja. That’s my deed and for TP. I need TP to buy quest pack. Heard Angmar is going on sale.”

“Tell me how many TP are you getting for that many kills?”

“50 jajajaj”

“Very funny. But Leg and me is nearby…we’ll help you with few.”

“Legup..Hiya” We have moved on to fellowship chat. Its easier to chat without interfering with pvt. pings, LFF and common chat rooms.

“Look Dee and legup, I need full fellowship with high level. The woodtrolls spawn  like crazy”

“how many you say?” Legup ask.

“180”

“I  will stay around for few” Legup replies.

Evendim. Among the players we call it Evenswim because all the time you are swimming to reach the destination the quest takes you. Swim Swim and I agree with legup for few trolls. Leg is warden so he last longer but he has to take most hits while we hunter have to play safe from the distance. While he last we might have chance of firing our arrows crazy but it’s a suicide deed Enth has decided to complete. 

After two wood trolls we have died countless times, ran away so far away that we had to ride back and got attacked by wild animals. It was suicidal . We gave up after the fourth trolls. No way we can go 180. After few days Enth pings me that he got full fellowship along with healer and did his deeds and got TP. It took him four hours. Well that’s questing for you. Hours of playing just to complete a quest. Also, I was surprised he got a healer for this work. Usually healer are in demand and you normally wont find healers of such high level. My other char is a healer and it is still struggling at level 30 because it’s the weakest char get dies even before you can pull your healing tricks. Its difficult to play solo but in fellow it can heal like crazy and give major morale boost to fellowship. It’s a dream to play in fellowship when you have healer backing you.

If you decide to log in you have to be prepared to spend more than an hour on this game. And the more you level up you have to spend longer hours to complete the quest. Some of the fellowship quest is better with voice chat rather than chat- cos there is no way you can type and fight and survive. So with voice chat you can talk with other players on what you are going to do, which skills will be used and who are dying and need heals fast. So its basically to survive. All the players I have known we just talk about quests, where we are from and that’s it. It’s the sheer pleasure of playing and love for Lord of the Rings that brings us together. We meet, group up and play. There are so many layers in the game playing that’s its difficult to explain what one can talk about and then you have to understand the terms used in the game playing. However, for some players its waste of time and my brother likes to play WarCraft than this one. However, he tells me that game playing is bit similar. I don’t know since I have not played it. I prefer games that have quest and save the village from the evil man kind. I have played other games but Lord of the Ring is the best so far. But as you level up and is not a VIP player than its difficult to advance in the game. Some of my gaming friends have gone from free player to VIP and moved to Moria. Moria- it’s a place all the high level players go to and continue the quests. I have yet to reach there. I have not been able to advance my char hence I am stuck in other places. so I am working on that. Smile. However, there is a good deal with new quest pack The Rise of the Isengard offering moria for free. Still contemplating on buying or not.

And that’s me below…solo…

image

 

image

 

image

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts